10 December 2006

Summer

After six dry months, the rains have finally started.

It rains hard in the middle of the night, and the days are perfect.

It's mango season; wherever you walk the smell of fermenting mangos rises from the ground. When I'm not walking through mangos, I walk on a carpet of fallen frangipani flowers.

I see more and more geckos in every room.

We knock coconuts down and pick mangos from the trees in our yard, and drink mango and coconut smoothies out on the balcony in the breeze.

4 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

Ahhhh, now I'm jealous!! I love fresh Mango! Sounds wonderful. It is 0C here and cold as a bugger. Brrr.

DZER said...

wow ... it sounds like you're living just down the street from me! LOL

we like to take mangos when they're between unripe and ripe (there is a stage there!) and pickle them in vinegar with hot peppers ... when they're done, you mash hot peppers into salt and dip them ... divine!

Chaotic Cat said...

Sounds like heaven .... it just blows here for the next few weeks!

Stinkypaw said...

That almost sounds too good to be true! Enjoy!