5 March 2007

Oops

The doorbell rang. It was our next door neighbour's son.

'Have you got any Baileys?' he asked shyly. What the fuck, I thought. This kid is only six years old!

'No, sorry, we don't have any,' And even if we did, I wouldn't be giving it to you.

He looked confused. 'But your Partner said you've got some,' he said. Hang on, there's something else going on here.

'Is it for your mum?' I thought maybe Partner had offered her some kind of alcohol and she got confused about what we had. But he shook his head.

'No, it's for me.'

'Well, we really don't have any. Sorry.' The poor kid walked away looking totally bewildered.

When Partner got home, I told him what had happened. He nearly pissed himself laughing.

'You duffer! He's looking for bay leaves for a school project!'

I ripped a small branch off the bay tree and scuttled around to the neighbours to make my red-faced explanation, his laughter still ringing in my ears.

6 comments:

Stinkypaw said...

Good one! LOL!

Once, while playing in the sand, the son of a friend looked at me and said "Dumb Fuck!" I was soooo shocked, he was about 2 years old.

Turned out that he wasn't pointing at me but at the "dump truck" I was holding!

Summer Rose said...

*howling* with laughter, sorry hun, you had a rough time, with this one. A very not so funny mistake.
Love ya lots.
S.R.

Dirty Filthy Princess said...

This is so cute! Bay leaves ... I wish I had a really good story to add like stinkypaw. But I can't think of any right now...

EvilDodger said...

Evil has a hard time understanding accents too!! But Evil speaks the universal language of hot momma love in the shadow of the old oak tree baby!!

Nat said...

Hello!
I found your blog on the search it is very interesting.I like
your posts. I have a blog too. It is http://www.sextoyz.in. I
hope you will like it.
Also I would be happy to exchange links with you!
Please mail me if you are interested.
Waiting for your reply.
--
Best regards,
Nat mailto:web@sextoyz.in

Chaotic Cat said...

OMF this is funny!!!! thank you ... yeah when you don't have kids, understanding them can be a tad hard *smile*

I still feel "weird" if a tiny one takes my hand and wants to walk me around the house or some thing.