11 December 2007

Hindsight and the split

It's been over two years now since I started blogging. I just read back through my archives. It's really interesting to see some of the stuff, to reflect on how things have changed. It's heartening to see the posts that I think were written well, and I'm proud of them. Other posts, with the benefit of hindsight, could have been improved on a lot.
It's great to know that people from all over the world have read things I've written. That was one of my childhood dreams; but in my childhood, the only way that could happen was if someone chose to publish you in a book or newspaper. Having the freedom to publish my own stuff on the web is fantastic.
It's great to have a record out there, to track the various things going through my mind over the last couple of years. I wish I'd written all those posts that got composed in my head but never written down. It's inspired me to write more regularly.
Lately, I've been writing. But mostly I've been writing on a private, invite only blog. If you're interested in some of my more personal ramblings, write a comment here or send me an email and I'll send you an invite. For now, I'd rather keep my private life there and my public thoughts for the public blog.
Maybe one day I'll meld the two again.

No comments: