21 August 2010

Mushroom Sauce

This rich sauce is great over steak or schnitzel.

Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 15 mins


Ingredients:

  • 4 medium size mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 1/2 cups beef stock
  • 2 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon red wine
  • 1 pinch sugar, if needed
  • salt and pepper

Directions:


  1. On a low heat, melt butter and add mushrooms, frying briefly.
  2. Add flour, stir until a paste is formed around the mushrooms with no lumps. Add more flour if paste is too liquid.
  3. Gradually add the beef stock, stirring.
  4. Add mushroom soy and red wine. Taste and add sugar if required to counter the wine, add salt and pepper.
  5. Cook on a low heat until reduced, stirring regularly.

2 comments:

Honey Tariq said...

I completely agree with you. I really like this article. It contains a lot of useful information. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all. And of course nice review about the application.
So informative and interesting post have been shared here. It's very nice website. I will search this page again & again great list. I appreciate your efforts to bring such a huge list for us.
pancake mix

Tariq Honey said...

I truly enjoy reading on this internet site. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon! This post shows a report that is tighten to common. credible strategy of countenance resulting from which cause your post turn so informative.
vakantiehuis dordogne